International Spring School 2020
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
International Spring School
30th March – 02nd April 2020 in Erlangen/Nuremberg (Bavaria, Germany)
The international spring school “Own Data. Systems Medicine between Sovereignty and Solidarity“ seeks to scrutinze the challenges of data ownership in systems medicine. The aim is to gain a more precise understanding of a possible right to own data and its impact in regard to the specific relevance of data in clinical settings. The following issues could be addressed:
- What is the role of data (in which forms and types) for individual data sovereignty?
- Which impact would different forms of data ownership have in regard to the legal framework or the social, economical or political sphere?
- Do different notions of data ownership have influence on forms of clinical decision making as well as consent?
- What kind of ideas and models of solidarity and sovereignty do have which impact on the use of data in systems medicine?
- Which kind of data stewardship could be developed for the future use of individual data in systems medicine?
- How could smart technological solutions look like which would allow people a sovereign dealing with ‚their‘ data?
- To what extent are the legal frames and regulations on different levels (from international public law to the common law) sufficient or insufficient to go vern the use of data in systems medicine?
The spring school offers 15 young scientists with a university degree or PhD in medicine, computer science, politics, philosophy, theology, sociology and law the opportunity for an intense interdisciplinary mutual discussion and a scientific exchange with renowned experts. The admission is free, travel expenses as well as accommodation will be covered by the organizers.
Interested scientists are invited to send a scientific abstract in English (approx 300 words), an academic CV, and a publication list to email@example.com by November 30th 2019.